This blueberry bacon bbq sauce by JoyFoodly is SO easy and so delicious. It truly belongs on a pork chop. I got the recipe when I saw my friend Hollie Greene, founder of JoyFoodly, making it on a local news channel. I knew that I had to make it and I had to share her web site with everyone. Hollie founded JoyFoodly in order to help families introduce more seasonal fruits and veggies to her family. What I love about her site is that it is so clear and well explained, but I also love that it doesn’t feel like a diet web site. It is just whole and great food. She has an app on her site called JOYFULL 12 that helps you introduce 12 new fruits and veggies to your family each season. It is very cool.
You should definitely whip up this blueberry bacon barbeque sauce for your family soon. It takes nothing to prep and 10 minutes to cook! I don’t think I even need to mention the obvious about how everything tastes better with bacon. Ok, I just did. Everything also tastes better with blueberries and the magic that happens to blueberries when you cook them is just a miracle.
Click here to visit JOYFOODLY, check out the full recipe and find other great ideas and recipes, but I will also include the recipe right here.
1. blueberries, 6 oz
2. ketchup, organic, ½ cup
3. agave nectar, 2 tablespoons
4. yellow mustard, ½ teaspoon
5. worcestershire sauce, 4 teaspoons
6. bacon, organic, 3 slices cooked
1. Wash blueberries, cook bacon until crisp, and measure out remaining ingredients.
2. Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
3. Put in a small pot, cover with a lid, and cook on medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring periodically.
4. Enjoy over grilled meats, especially pork.